The Dry Processes working group of the EHEDG (European Hygienic Engineering & Design Group) has published seven guidelines. In this course the most important topics from these guidelines are dealt with in an orderly manner.
Note: this training has been postponed to 11 MArch 2022
Burggraaf & Partners has been specialized since 1993 in advising the food industry and pharmacy, and machine builders in this area. In practically all sectors (bakery, fruit and vegetables, dairy, meat, beverages, biotechnology), the agency is active and together with various organisations it has provided dozens of training courses in this area.
Venue: Aristo, Utrecht
Date: Friday 11 March 2022
Time: 09.00 – 17.00
Costs: € 795,- (excl. VAT
Trainer: Wouter Burggraaf Msc, member EHEDG, authorised trainer
Metal companies affiliated with OOM may be eligible for a contribution towards the costs. For more information see www.oom.nl.
Onderwerpen die in de cursus Droge processen behandeld worden:
- The sense and nonsense of hygiene measures, based on risk analysis. Wet, dry and controlled wet cleaning of equipment and areas.
- To what level should cleaning be done? Allergen-free or low-allergen? What dry cleaning techniques are available? Effect of dry cleaning compared to other wet cleaning techniques.
SPECIFIC DESIGN RULES FOR DRY PROCESSES
- The materials to be used, surface roughness, magnets, sliding behavior, couplings, flexibles and seals.
HD – UNLOADING SYSTEMS
- Hygienic design of unloading installations for big bags, bags and bulk trucks, with a case study dumping cabinet.
HD – TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
- Comparison of all known transport systems for dry products. Screw conveyor (trough, tube, flexible), Jacobs ladder, conveyor belt, reddler, aeromechanical, vibrating feeder and pneumatic (under- and overpressure, various types).
- Hygienic design criteria butterfly valves, slide, pinch-off, globe segment valve, ball valve, cone valve, drop-through valve and switch.
- The minimum design criteria for rooms to be cleaned dry.
WET & DRY SEPARATION
- Concept where to deposit the dry powders, which are dissolved. Where the separation between wet and dry parts to be cleaned.
CIP CLEANABLE COMPONENTS
- The state of the art of EHEDG certified components that are CIP (automatically) cleanable.
FLUIDISED BED & SPRAY DRYER
- All HD rules applied to fluid bed and spray dryer applied.
- Depending on the interests of the participants: mixer, drum screen, drum dryer and / or bagging installations.